Its winter time! Which means roasting veggies is in season!
What you’ll need:
- 6 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- I used a combination of purple, orange, and white carrots
- 1 bag of Brussel sprouts (peeled and halved)
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- capers have a briny, salty flavor, so if you are new to them try a little and add more if you like it!
- Fresh parsley
- A dash of:
What you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Combine the Brussel sprouts and carrots into a bowl and toss in olive oil until all of veggies are coated
- Spread the veggies on a roasting pan (or baking sheet whichever you have) and season with salt and pepper
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until tender and crispy
- In a sauce pan or skillet over medium-high heat, combine the butter and capers and fry until crisp.
- Transfer capers to a paper towel to drain and chop up a good handful of parsley. If you like more parsley then add more!
- Once the veggies are complete, transfer to a bowl and toss them with the capers and parsley. Taste it!! Always ask yourself: How does this taste? Does it need more acid, salt, etc.
- I’ve paired this roasted goodness with some seared Chilean Sea Bass and finished it with fresh orange juice for brightness.