I bought a huge bag of pre-washed Kale and was wondering what to do with it all. Kale chips came to my mind and boy ‘ol mighty I’m glad they did! I mentioned it to my neighbor and she recommended that I spray the leaves of kale with cooking spray instead of tossing in olive oil because they tend to not get as crispy. I tried it out, sprinkled it with harissa, and it was BOMB. The kale chips do not store well since are no preservatives to keep up the crispy texture. Hence, the kale chips taste best hot out of the oven! Mmmmm
What you’ll need:
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper
- Baking sheet
What you’ll do:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place some parchment paper on your baking sheet, and the kale on top of that.
- You can keep the stems if you please but they retain water which prevents them from getting crispy. I made a couple of batches because the kale shrinks up (similar to spinach) when cooked and learned that tip about removing the stems the not-so-hard way. LOL
- Spray the kale leaves with cooking spray and the toss them around so that leaf is coated. Then sprinkle on your favorite seasonings.
- Salt, pepper, and harissa worked great for me because I love a nice kick.
- Bake for about 10 mins until the leaves shrink and become crispy.
I brought this snack to work the next day (I had to crisp them up in the oven again) and everyone loved it! Not only is this a healthy snack but it’s delicious as well. Try it out and share which seasonings you would add! 🙂