This roasted carrot, arugula, and orange salad is light, flavorful, and shows off the best of fall ingredients. It can simply be made vegan by not including the chicken.
Recipe makes about 3 servings
What you’ll need:
- About 14 peeled Carrots (rainbow if you can find them)
- Segmented oranges
- Pumpkin seeds
- Vinaigrette (makes about 3 servings)
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- Orange (1-2 oranges)
- 1 tbs zest
- 3 tbs juice
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Roasted Chicken
- You can either pick up a rotisserie chicken or bake your own!
- To make on your own, you just need olive oil, salt, and pepper.
What you’ll do:
- Roast Carrots:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on size of the carrots
- Segment an orange
- Here’s a video on how to do so – and don’t forget to squeeze the juice right over the top!
- Make the vinaigrette:
- 1 tbs of orange zest
- 1 tbs dijon mustard (Grey Poupon Country Dijon works great)
- 3 tbs of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbs of good olive oil
- Note: Sometimes I add a little bit of honey depending on how sweet the oranges are
- Season with kosher salt and pepper
- Mix, taste, and enjoy!
- Adding it all together:
- Toss the roasted carrots, arugula, and chicken (optional) in the orange-dijon vinaigrette
- Plate the salad, top with orange segments, pumpkin seeds and a bit more vinaigrette.
- Season with a bit more salt and or pepper and taste!