Leave the Caesar dressing in 2015 and try this avocado, cilantro, and Greek yogurt dressing that has the creaminess of Caesar! Finish it off with a ton of lime for acidity, and it’s a wrap! Perfect for raw veggies, and salads. This creamy avocado dressing will bring a cool note to hot and spicy shrimp and perfectly balance out the dish! Also, I was inspired by these ladies: Pinch of Yum and Culinary Hill. 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 Avocado
- Handful of Cilantro
- If you LOVE cilantro, feel free to add more
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- I used my garlic press to help blend everything together since I used an immersion blender instead of a food processor.
- 1 juicy lime
- Add a little zest if you’re feeling zesty!
- A dash of: (season to taste)
- Immersion blender or food processor
What you’ll do:
- Combine the avocado, cilantro, greek yogurt, lime, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a bowl.
- Blend all of those aromatic ingredients together with the immersion blender and as you are blending stream the olive oil into the bowl. If your dressing is too thick feel free to add a bit of water or more olive oil.
- Chill over night and you’re ready to eat! I added this dressing to a southwest inspired salad with spicy sautéed shrimp with black beans and corn. Let me tell ya – a little goes a LONG way with this dressing!
- Last, but not least – TASTE IT! Don’t forget to taste and love your food. 🙂