Last week I had a Cooking with Sydney Launch party to thank local supporters of my food blog! It went so great and could not have happened without the support of my beautiful friends. 🙂
What you’ll Need:
- Regular cut bacon
- do not get thick cut because it will take FOREVAH to cook
- Goat Cheese
- Large pitted dates
- Cookie wire cooling rack
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
What you’ll do:
- Soak the toothpicks in water for about 10 minutes so they don’t burn in the oven.
- Put the oven on LOW broil
- Cut the bacon slices in half
- Take a date and add the goat cheese into the center of the pitted date
- Roll the entire date in a bacon half and place it through a toothpick
- Place the bacon wrapped dates top of the aluminum foil lined baking sheet
- If you don’t use a cooling rack, the dates will cook in their own grease and the bacon will take forever to get crispy.
- BE PATIENT – cook for about 20 mins and periodically check on the tasty treats. If they need more time, increase the time on the timer.
- My friend and I were not being patient and kept checking on the dates. By the third time making these in our practice run, we realized the dates just have to do what they do. LOL
- When they’re done cooking, let them rest and eat!