This is the best darn kale recipe because it’s flexible! You can mix and match the ingredients and it will STILL come out great. Last night I made it with carrots, onions, pears, and a splash of white wine. Other times, I’ve made it with bacon and apples and guess what? It was STILL delicious. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think. 🙂
FYI – this dish is VEGAN. Nom nom nommmm.
What you’ll need:
- Roughly chopped carrots – I used baby carrots
- Diced pears (or green apples)
- A splash of white wine
- Note: If you want to kick up the savory aspect, feel free to add Bacon – you can use pork or turkey (I’ve tried both and they are both pretty darn bomb)
What you’ll do:
- Prep your ingredients:
- Julienne the kale
- Dice pears (or apples)
- Dice onions
- Roughly chop carrots
- Saute the onions, carrots and pears and season with salt and pepper
- Note: Be careful not to overcook your veggies, you want them to be tender but still have a little crunch.
- Deglaze the pan with splash of white wine
- Fold in the julienned kale and remove the pan from heat so the kale does not wilt.
- You still want the kale to have that vibrant green color
- Taste, and enjoy!